The WordPress Toolbar is a way of easily accessing some of the most common WordPress features. When you are logged into your WordPress dashboard and you visit your website, you will see the Toolbar running across the top of your site. This bar only appears if you are currently logged into your WordPress site, which means that it won’t be visible to your everyday site visitors. If you are not logged in, the Toolbar won’t be displayed.
- WordPress logo far left. Visit the WordPress.org website, Codex or Support Forums
- Name of your site. Click to visit the front end of your site
- New comment awaiting moderation counter. Click to view your Comments
- + New, add a new Post, Media or Page
- View Post or Page if in the back end
Edit Post or Page if in the front end (if you have the rights to do so)
- Far right. View or Edit My Profile and Log Out from the WordPress Dashboard
Most of these things can also be done from the navigation on the left side of the dashboard, but the Toolbar allows you to quickly access commonly used features.
Hiding the Toolbar in the Front End
Click on your Profile link option in the left hand navigation or click on your name in the Toolbar far right..
When editing your Profile there is a Toolbar option as shown in the screen below.
Show Toolbar when viewing site – unchecking this box will remove the Toolbar at the very top of your website in the front end only (for your own profile).